Transcribed text From Image: BIOCHEMISTRY TESTS for FOOD MACROMOLECULES Carbohydrate Benedict Simplodine Complox BiurtProtein sugar sugar ellow- Black wnito purple Purple Blue Blue Rod Water Blue Orange Reset Table Check PROGRESS: 72% chemistry test result o. BSTER
Expert Chegg Question Answer:
- For simple/reducing sugar
- Positive result – colour change to green, orange or red
- Negative – blue (no change)
- For complex carbohydrates like starch
- Positive – brown/black colour
- Negative – yellow/orange (no change)
- In testing of milk the colour is white because of the colour of milk and it doesn’t turn to brown/black, indicating that it doesn’t contain starch.
- Test for presence of peptide bone (or protein)
- Positive – boiler colour
- Negative – Blue (no change)
Feel free to comment if you have any problem in understanding this answer.